Welcome to the Washington Research Library Consortium
Congratulations on your new position and welcome to the WRLC community!
About the WRLC
The WRLC is a non-profit corporation founded in 1987 by universities in the DC area. We enable the success of learning and scholarship by creating coordinated collections, creating a robust infrastructure for discovery and access, ensuring the long-term preservation of physical and digital information resources and sharing expertise.
VISION: The Washington Research Library Consortium will be a catalyst creating synergies among the partner universities to enable the success of learning and scholarship.
MISSION: The Washington Research Library Consortium is a collaborative partnership providing proactive and responsive, innovative, cost-effective access to shared information resources, services and expertise.
Creating Coordinated Collections
- More than 22 million resources are available through the WRLC.
- The Consortium Loan Service offers quick delivery of materials between the libraries. In fact, one in five books borrowed comes from one of the partner libraries.
- Hundreds of thousands of shared e-books are available to everyone
- 1.4 million monographic titles and over 10,000 journal titles have long-term retention commitments on behalf of the WRLC partners and other shared print programs
Creating a Robust Infrastructure for Discovery and Access
- Our shared online catalog makes resources discoverable to everyone in the WRLC
- Use our Link resolver to get users to the full text of journal articles quickly
- WRLC's digital collections platform provides access to digitized collections, ETDs and more
Ensuring the Long-Term Preservation of Physical and Digital Information Resources
- The WRLC Shared Collections Facility is home to 3.1 million physical volumes and 62,000 archival boxes belonging to our nine university partners. The environment is maintained at 60 degrees and 40% relative humidity for long-term preservation.
- Digital assets are stored in the Preservation Archive of the WRLC. Copies of digital information are distributed both locally and remotely and regularly checked for integrity.
- Tap into the expertise in the consortium using the Sharing Expertise Inventory
- Keep up-to-date on important activities and opportunities through the WRLC Newsletter
- Learn from your colleagues at the WRLC Annual Meeting
- Share your service concerns and ideas via the WRLC Service Desk
GET IN TOUCH
We are here to help!
Report an Issue
To contact the WRLC regarding an issue with one of our services, please use the WRLC Service Desk.
To contact a WRLC staff member, please refer to the WRLC Staff Directory. Queries submitted here should be related to the Washington Research Library Consortium as an organization.
901 Commerce Drive
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774