The Resource Sharing Technician, Day is responsible for resource sharing including borrowing, lending and document delivery by Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and Washington Research Library Consortium’s (WRLC) Consortium Loan Services (CLS). The technician also trains Resource Sharing part-time staff. The incumbent is also responsible for patron education and outreach pertaining to resource sharing and collection of statistical data on resource sharing activity. Supervises student workers in the absence of the day and evening circulation supervisors.
- Manages activities related to resource sharing: coordinates and processes lending, borrowing and document delivery using ILLiad and CLS; regularly reviews and implements policies and procedures for resource sharing; communicates with CLS coordinators in WRLC, interlibrary loan coordinators outside WRLC and members of the CUA community regarding resource sharing; serves on appropriate library, university and WRLC committees.
- Assists with opening and closing of the stacks and the library as needed. Able to work flexible schedule. Some weekend hours included.
- Trains and reviews the quality and quantity of work performed by part-time resource sharing staff.
- Assists with stacks management, circulation, reserves and other Access Services duties, as needed.
- Collects resource sharing statistical data and incorporates the data into monthly and annual reports.
- Supervises student workers when day + evening circulation supervisors are not present.
- Provides backup support for Circulation, Welcome desk, and other areas as needed.