The Washington Research Library Consortium will be a catalyst creating synergies among the partner universities to enable the success of learning and scholarship.
The Washington Research Library Consortium is a collaborative partnership providing proactive and responsive, innovative, cost-effective access to shared information resources, services and expertise.
- Creating coordinated collections
- Creating a robust infrastructure for discovery and access
- Ensuring the long-term preservation of physical and digital information resources
- Sharing expertise
WRLC Initiatives for FY 2023
Creating Coordinated Collections
- Assign monograph retention commitments for materials published from 2005 to 2021 consistent with our MOU on Shared Collection Print Retention.
- Create a new process for Alma for reassignment of retention commitments for lost and damaged materials.
- Assess our collections against our DEI mission and make recommendations for implementing these values in our collective collection development.
Creating Robust Discovery & Access
- Conduct the pilot of peer-to-peer lending with SUNY.
- Resolve Alma Fulfillment Network issues identified by RSAC.
- Standardize serial holdings records to improve access and to support collective print preservation efforts.
Preserving Physical and Digital Resources
- [See the retention initiatives under Creating Coordinated Collections.]
- Finish the toolkit for OER advocates.
- Begin implementation of the Open@WRLC program.
- Improve documentation and discoverability for WRLC projects and committee work that has been done in previous years
- Assess our implementation of Alma/Primo to identify successes and continuing challenges and develop future priorities.
- Assess the end-user experience of Primo/Alma to identify weaknesses and develop recommendations to improve the user experience.