The Washington Research Library Consortium will be a catalyst creating synergies among the partner universities to enable the success of learning and scholarship.
The Washington Research Library Consortium is a collaborative partnership providing proactive and responsive, innovative, cost-effective access to shared information resources, services and expertise.
- Creating coordinated collections
- Creating a robust infrastructure for discovery and access
- Preserving Physical and Digital Resources
- Sharing expertise
WRLC Initiatives for FY 2024
Creating Coordinated Collections
1. Assess our collections against our DEI mission and make recommendations for implementing these values in our collective collection development.
2. Maximize the lifespan of the 3 SCF modules by creating a deaccessioning plan.
Creating a Robust Infrastructure for Discovery and Access
3. Explore technology-based resource sharing opportunities or alternatives taking advantage of new innovations or developments with alternative platforms
4. Explore additional avenues of inter-consortial lending and borrowing, such as expanding the peer-to-peer lending program with SUNY, reaching out to VIVA or USMAI, etc.
5. Create an online central repository for documentation of policies, decisions, and workflows to the benefit of WRLC members. Identify the best way to start populating the repository and how to keep it up-to-date.
6. Explore the establishment of an informal or formal group to inform best practices around Primo VE.
Preserving Physical and Digital Resources
7. The 5 institutions using Islandora 7 must select a new digital platform or platforms and create a timeline that includes a migration completion date no later than January 1st 2025.
8. Utilize the 2nd year of the pilot OER grant project to assess the process and outcomes of the previous year and launch a second year of grant funding along with an accompanying marketing plan.